Pan-Fried Chicken Cutlets With Fennel Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 fennel bulbs, halved and thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon of the fronds
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) shaved Parmesan
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel and fronds, celery, lemon juice, olive oil, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Quarter the tomatoes and add to the bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Working in batches, dredge the chicken in the flour, then in the eggs (let any excess drip off), and finally in the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
- Cook the chicken in the pan until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. As each cutlet is done, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Divide the chicken among plates and serve with the fennel salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 557Calories From Fat 40%
- Fat 25g
- Cholesterol 167mg
- Sodium 689mg
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 46g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .