fennel bulbs, halved and thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon of the fronds
stalks celery, diced
fresh lemon juice
extra-virgin olive oil
(3/4 ounce) shaved Parmesan
kosher salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel and fronds, celery, lemon juice, olive oil, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Quarter the tomatoes and add to the bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Working in batches, dredge the chicken in the flour, then in the eggs (let any excess drip off), and finally in the bread crumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
- Cook the chicken in the pan until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. As each cutlet is done, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Divide the chicken among plates and serve with the fennel salad.