Makes 32 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- about 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package frozen puff-pastry sheets (such as Pepperidge Farm), thawed
- Heat oven to 400° F. Adjust rack to middle position.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the work surface. Unfold 1 sheet of the pastry and place it on the sugar. Roll it to an even thickness. Sprinkle it with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Starting at one short side of the rectangle, roll the pastry toward the center of the sheet, stopping at the middle. Repeat with the opposite short end, so the rolls meet. Trim the ends with a knife.
- Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and place flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with 1 more tablespoon of the sugar.
- Bake until golden and puffed, 20 to 23 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Per Serving
- Calories 98Calories From Fat 54%
- Calcium 2mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 6g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 1mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 39mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Palmiers are best the day they're made, and you can bake them hours before the party.