- 2 1/4 cups almond meal
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teapoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed, plus ½ banana sliced, for topping
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together mashed bananas, eggs, olive oil, and honey. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Carefully mix together until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the greased muffin tin with batter, about ¾ full.
- Place a small slice of banana on top of each muffin before baking, if desired.
- Bake for about 20 to 24 minutes or insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, remove muffins from the oven.
- Let cool for 5 to10 minutes.