Pad Thai (Stir-Fried Noodles)
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 pound dry rice noodles, preferably 1/4 inch wide
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound cleaned and peeled shrimp, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and slivered
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- In a wok or large stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, just until pink and opaque. Add the tofu and toss until coated with oil. Add the eggs and scramble.
- Fold in the cooked noodles, fish sauce, vinegar, ¼ cup water, brown sugar, and paprika. Toss for about 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Add the scallions and bean sprouts and heat through.
- Pile onto a large platter and sprinkle with the red pepper, peanuts, and lime wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 459Calories From Fat 197
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 128mg
- Sodium 1,504mg
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 226mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .