dry rice noodles, preferably 1/4 inch wide
large garlic cloves, finely chopped
cleaned and peeled shrimp, cut in half lengthwise
extra-firm tofu, cubed
large eggs, lightly beaten
scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
small red bell pepper, seeded and slivered
lime, cut into wedges
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- In a wok or large stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, just until pink and opaque. Add the tofu and toss until coated with oil. Add the eggs and scramble.
- Fold in the cooked noodles, fish sauce, vinegar, ¼ cup water, brown sugar, and paprika. Toss for about 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Add the scallions and bean sprouts and heat through.
- Pile onto a large platter and sprinkle with the red pepper, peanuts, and lime wedges.