- 3/4 pound orecchiette or other short pasta
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots, rosemary, and ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta, lemon juice, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the carrots and toss to combine.
- Serve the pasta topped with grated Parmesan.