- 2 pork tenderloins (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total), 4 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, or 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet; meat or fish cut into bite-size pieces
- 2tablespoons sherry or white wine
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 orange, zest grated and juice squeezed
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 2teaspoons sugar
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 bunch broccoli (1/2 pound), cut into small pieces, stalks peeled and thinly sliced (3 cups)
- In a bowl, toss the meat or fish with the sherry, red pepper, and 2 teaspoons of the cornstarch. In a measuring cup, combine the orange juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, and the remaining cornstarch.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the orange zest and let it sizzle for 1 minute. Add the onion and the meat or fish and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 5 minutes. Add the orange-juice mixture and broccoli. Simmer 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.