Orange-Poppy Seed Shortbread Wedges
Makes 12 Wedges| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch fluted removable-bottom tart pan or round cake pan.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, process the flour, sugar, butter, and salt until moist clumps form. Add the orange zest and poppy seeds and pulse once or twice just to combine.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until lightly golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the warm shortbread into 12 wedges. Let the wedges cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 wedge
- Calories 133
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 22mg
- Sodium 21mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 12mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .