Orange Meringue Puddings
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Make the pudding. Preheat oven to 425º F.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, then whisk in the orange zest, orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and egg yolks. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour into 4 ramekins or custard cups.
- Whip up the meringue. In a bowl, beat the egg whites and sugar until the sugar dissolves and stiff, glossy peaks form. Spread the meringue over the puddings.
- Bake until the meringue is browned, about 10 minutes. Set the puddings in a pan of ice water to cool, then refrigerate 1 hour or until cold.
- Per Serving
- Calories 355.12Calories From Fat 24%
- Calcium 40.69mg
- Carbohydrate 62.74g
- Cholesterol 173.68mg
- Fat 9.66g
- Fiber 0.64g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 5.71mg
- Sat Fat 4.79g
- Sodium 200.66mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Use a paring knife to cut fruits and vegetables.