- 4 small red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 3 1/2-pound chickens
- 3/4cup orange marmalade
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground coriander
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F. Arrange the onions in a metal roasting pan. Place the chickens on top and tuck the wings under the backs.
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, oil, coriander, 2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread the mixture over the chickens and roast until they are cooked through, about 1 hour and 15 minutes (internal temperature of 165° F).
- Transfer the chickens and onions to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes. Strain the pan drippings into a bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes. Skim the fat from the surface and discard. Serve the chickens and onions with the remaining juices.