Orange Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 3/4 pound trimmed sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces
- Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice the steak into 1 ½-inch pieces, toss with orange peel, and set aside. Stir together the orange juice and soy and hoisin sauces. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crushed red pepper, onion, and bell pepper. Stir-fry until vegetables wilt.
- Add the broccoli and 3 tablespoons water. Cover and steam 1 to 2 minutes until broccoli is cooked tender-crisp. Remove from skillet.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet and return to medium-high heat. Add the steak and cashews. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet with the sauce mixture and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over noodles.
- Per Serving
- Calories 478Calories From Fat 149
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 31mg
- Sodium 431mg
- Protein 28g
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 56mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .