- 8ounces fettuccine
- 3/4pound trimmed sirloin steak
- 1tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 2tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2cups broccoli florets
- 1/3cup cashew pieces
- Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice the steak into 1 ½-inch pieces, toss with orange peel, and set aside. Stir together the orange juice and soy and hoisin sauces. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crushed red pepper, onion, and bell pepper. Stir-fry until vegetables wilt.
- Add the broccoli and 3 tablespoons water. Cover and steam 1 to 2 minutes until broccoli is cooked tender-crisp. Remove from skillet.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to skillet and return to medium-high heat. Add the steak and cashews. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet with the sauce mixture and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over noodles.