Open-Faced Tuna and Fennel Sandwiches
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 large baguette
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, capers, 3 tablespoons of the oil, the vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the fennel, parsley, ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and the remaining oil.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, then quarters or sixths crosswise. Divide among plates. Serve the tuna and fennel salads over the bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 567Calories From Fat 175
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 38mg
- Sodium 1,332mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 99mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .