Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds small new potatoes
- 8 ounces Spanish chorizo or kielbasa, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 12-ounce bottle lager beer
- 4 bay leaves
- kosher salt and pepper
- 8 ears corn, cut into thirds
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shells on
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 2 baguettes, warmed
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- Heat grill to high. In an 11-quart stockpot, combine the potatoes, chorizo, onion, beer, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Add just enough water to cover potatoes. Add the corn, shrimp, and clams in layers. Cover the pot.
- Cook on grill until clams open, shrimp are opaque, and potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. (Or cook on the stove over medium-high heat.)
- Transfer to a large platter and serve with the bread and butter.
- Per Serving
- Calories 555Calories From Fat 34%
- Protein 50g
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 5g
- Fat 21g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Sodium 880mg
- Cholesterol 251mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Spanish chorizo is smoked pork sausage that’s loaded with seasonings like garlic and chili powder. If you can’t find it in your supermarket, use bacon instead.