- 2pounds small new potatoes
- 8ounces Spanish chorizo or kielbasa, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 12-ounce bottle lager beer
- 4 bay leaves
- kosher salt and pepper
- 8 ears corn, cut into thirds
- 2pounds large shrimp, shells on
- 4dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 2 baguettes, warmed
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- Heat grill to high. In an 11-quart stockpot, combine the potatoes, chorizo, onion, beer, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Add just enough water to cover potatoes. Add the corn, shrimp, and clams in layers. Cover the pot.
- Cook on grill until clams open, shrimp are opaque, and potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. (Or cook on the stove over medium-high heat.)
- Transfer to a large platter and serve with the bread and butter.