Old-Fashioned Peanut-Butter Cookies
Makes 36 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter (not the all-natural variety)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter and sugars on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in the eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
- Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. With a lightly floured fork, press the dough to a ⅜-inch thickness, making a crisscross pattern on top of each cookie.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges are set, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 133Calories From Fat 66
- Fat 7g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 12mg
- Sodium 168mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Sugar 13g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 4mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .