Oatmeal and Pie-Spice Cookies
Serves 60| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple pie or pumpkin pie spice (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- Heat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat the butter, brown and granulated sugars, corn syrup, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and pie spice. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the oatmeal.
- Form the dough into tablespoon-size mounds. Place on the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned
at the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Per Serving
- Calories 122Calories From Fat 37%
- Fat 5g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 17mg
- Sodium 67mg
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .