Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper. Sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, about 12 minutes.
- Spoon onto the buns. Sprinkle each with the Cheddar and top with a dollop of the sour cream.
- Per Serving
- Calories 556Calories From Fat 47%
- Calcium 220mg
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Cholesterol 126mg
- Fat 29g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 6mg
- Protein 37mg
- Sat Fat 13g
- Sodium 697mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you have any leftover filling, use it for tacos the next day. Scoop the meat into a shell and add salsa.