- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening
- 3-5 tablespoons cold water
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the butter and shortening into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Using a fork, blend in just enough water to make the dough come together. Shape into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 45 minutes before rolling.