- 3teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2pounds new potatoes, halved
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2cup pitted and sliced Kalamata or oil-cured olives
- 1/4cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, add 2 teaspoons of the salt to 3 quarts of water. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes well.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, stirring well to coat. Cook until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Add the olives and mint and toss together. Season with the pepper, zest, and the remaining salt.