New Potato Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Add 1 tablespoon of the salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp, about 7 minutes, then transfer it to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, pepper, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Whisking constantly, slowly add the oil in a steady stream until an emulsion forms.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl. Add the bacon, corn, and vinaigrette and toss. Serve at room temperature.
- Per Serving
- Calories 346.99Calories From Fat 43%
- Calcium 32.52mg
- Carbohydrate 43.92g
- Cholesterol 6.97mg
- Fat 16.69g
- Fiber 4.6g
- Iron 2.38mg
- Protein 7.64mg
- Sat Fat 2.79g
- Sodium 465.72mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Break each ear of uncooked sweet corn in half, then stand each half on end in a baking dish or large bowl. With a paring knife, slice downward to remove the kernels from the cob. Transfer the kernels to a container or resealable plastic bag and freeze for up to 3 months.