- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, washed and dried
- 1 bottle (750 ml) fruity white wine
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- 2 nectarines or peaches, peeled or unpeeled, and sliced
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- Bring the first 3 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat, add half the mint leaves, and let cool. Cover and let infuse for 8 hours or overnight. Strain to remove the vanilla bean and mint leaves.
- In a large pitcher, combine the sugar mixture, remaining mint leaves, wine, and sliced fruits and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Stir in cold club soda before serving over ice.
- The spritzers go well with chicken or fish straight off the grill.