- 1 refrigerated rolled piecrust
- 3 thinly sliced nectarines or peaches
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut up
- Heat oven to 375° F with the rack in the lowest position.
- Place the piecrust on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Leaving a 2-inch border, top with the nectarines or peaches. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the butter. Fold the edges of the dough toward the center, overlapping slightly and partially covering the fruit. Brush the dough with 2 teaspoons water and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake until the juices are bubbling and the crust is golden (tent with foil if the crust browns too quickly), 35 to 40 minutes.