Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 10 chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Line the bottom of an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Stir together the cookies and butter in a small bowl until moistened.
- Remove the chocolate ice cream from the freezer and let sit until softened slightly, about 5 minutes. Scoop the chocolate ice cream into a medium bowl and stir until softened and spreadable. Spread the ice cream evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan with an offset spatula or spoon. Sprinkle with a third of the cookie mixture and freeze until firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Repeat this process with the vanilla and strawberry ice creams and the remaining cookie mixture. Freeze, covered, until firm, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- When the cake is ready to serve, dip an offset spatula or thin knife into hot water and run it around the edge of the loaf pan to loosen the cake. Invert it onto a serving plate and remove the parchment.
- Per Serving
- Calories 273
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 91mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Sugar 25g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 113mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .