Mussels With Pesto and Garlic Oven Fries
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), cut into ¼-inch-thick sticks
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, garlic, oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the potatoes, turning once, until golden brown and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes.
- When the potatoes have 5 minutes left to cook, bring the wine to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the mussels and simmer, covered, until they open, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix the pesto into the cooking liquid. Serve with the oven fries.
- Per Serving
- Calories 618Calories From Fat 235
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 74mg
- Sodium 1,260mg
- Protein 38g
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 12mg
- Calcium 317mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To easily remove the skin from a garlic clove, slice off the end, place the clove on a cutting board, cover it with the flat of a chef’s knife, and whack the knife. The loosened skin will lift off.