- 2pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), cut into ¼-inch-thick sticks
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup dry white wine
- 2pounds mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2cup pesto
- Heat oven to 425° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, garlic, oil, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the potatoes, turning once, until golden brown and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes.
- When the potatoes have 5 minutes left to cook, bring the wine to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the mussels and simmer, covered, until they open, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix the pesto into the cooking liquid. Serve with the oven fries.