Mussels With Tomatoes and Olives
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound beefsteak tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small baguette, warmed
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and olives.
- Add the mussels and cook, covered, until they open, 3 to 4 minutes. Discard any that remain closed. Stir in the parsley.
- Divide the mussels and cooking liquid among bowls. Serve with the bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 703Calories From Fat 159
- Protein 41g
- Carbohydrate 80g
- Sugar 14g
- Fiber 8g
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 1531mg
- Cholesterol 79mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .