- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup dry white wine
- 1pound beefsteak tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 2pounds mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small baguette, warmed
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and olives.
- Add the mussels and cook, covered, until they open, 3 to 4 minutes. Discard any that remain closed. Stir in the parsley.
- Divide the mussels and cooking liquid among bowls. Serve with the bread.