- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound mushrooms (such as button), thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushroom slices and cook until they release their juices and soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the juices evaporate. Add the wine and rosemary. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 3 minutes. Pour or spoon the sauce over cooked meat.