Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms (such as cremini or button), halved, or quartered if large
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 sheet puff pastry (half a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 small head romaine, leaves torn
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the broth and peas; bring to a boil.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish. Lay the pastry on top and cut several vents in it. Place the baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the romaine with the almonds, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the potpie.
- Per Serving
- Calories 603
- Fat 38g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 961mg
- Protein 15g
- Carbohydrate 54g
- Sugar 12g
- Fiber 9g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 129mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .