Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, button, and shiitake), sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350° F with a rack in the lowest position.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Brush a baking sheet with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Roll and stretch the dough into a large oval and place on the prepared sheet. Top the dough with the mozzarella, mushroom mixture, and onion. Bake until the mozzarella is melted and the crust is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into 16 pieces and serve as a first course or as an hors d’oeuvre.
- Per Serving
- Calories 167
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 11mg
- Sodium 342mg
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 76mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .