- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1pound mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, button, and shiitake), sliced
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2pound pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1cup grated mozzarella (4 ounces)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350° F with a rack in the lowest position.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Brush a baking sheet with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Roll and stretch the dough into a large oval and place on the prepared sheet. Top with the mozzarella, sautéed mushrooms, and onion.
- Bake the pizzette until the mozzarella is melted and the crust is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.