Mushroom and Herb Risotto
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces), plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until absorbed.
- Add half the broth (1 ¾ cups) and simmer, stirring once, until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the remaining broth and simmer, stirring once, until the rice is tender and creamy, 8 to 10 minutes. (If the rice is not cooked through and the mixture is dry, add more broth and continue to cook until tender.)
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir the Parmesan, cooked mushrooms, and the remaining tablespoon of butter into the rice. Sprinkle with the parsley and additional Parmesan, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 452
- Fat 21g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 529mg
- Protein 17g
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 181mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .