- olive oil, for the grill
- 1 1/2pounds ground lamb or beef
- 1/4 small onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- hot sauce, for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Soak 8 skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix together the lamb or beef, onion, garlic, pine nuts, parsley, cumin, paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and thread onto the skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes. Drizzle with the hot sauce.