Moroccan Lamb Salad With Carrots and Mint
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 boneless lamb leg steaks (about 1 pound total, each 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh mint sprigs
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Heat grill to medium. Rub the lamb with the oil and garlic and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill lamb to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, cinnamon, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut the carrots into long strips. Add carrots, mint, raisins, and scallions to the dressing and toss. Serve with the lamb.
- Per Serving
- Calories 415Calories From Fat 55%
- Protein 26g
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Sugar 11g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 953mg
- Cholesterol 85mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you’re tight on time, you can coarsely grate the carrots in a food processor instead of peeling them into long strips.