- 2 boneless lamb leg steaks (about 1 pound total, each 1 inch thick)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/3cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1pound carrots, peeled
- 1/4cup fresh mint sprigs
- 1/4cup golden raisins
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Heat grill to medium. Rub the lamb with the oil and garlic and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill lamb to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, cinnamon, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut the carrots into long strips. Add carrots, mint, raisins, and scallions to the dressing and toss. Serve with the lamb.