Moroccan Chicken With Kale and Roasted Squash
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 large acorn squash (about 2 pounds)—halved, seeded, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves torn (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup pitted prunes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast, turning once, until tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with the coriander, ginger, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the kale, prunes, and garlic; cover and cook, tossing occasionally, until the kale is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the squash and toss to combine. Serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 505
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 616mg
- Protein 40g
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Sugar 17g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 214mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .