- olive oil, for the grill
- 1/4 cup white miso paste (soybean paste; found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms, trimmed
- toasted sesame seeds and chopped chives, for serving
- Heat grill to medium. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Soak 8 skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the miso paste, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add the mushrooms and toss to combine. Thread onto the skewers and grill, turning occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and chives.