- 1 10-ounce box couscous
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2pounds beefsteak tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/4cup (2 ounces) roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl, pour 1 ½ cups hot tap water over the top, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Stir in the chickpeas, orange zest, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, mint, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the remaining oil.
- Spoon the couscous and tomato mixture onto a platter and sprinkle with the almonds.