- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound piece skinless salmon fillet
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the salmon with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the salmon until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the bulgur with 2 cups boiling water. Let stand until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and return it to the bowl.
- Toss the bulgur with the cucumbers, parsley, mint, onion, lemon juice, remaining tablespoon of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into large pieces. Gently fold it into the bulgur mixture.