- 2pounds fresh peas, shelled (about 2 cups shelled peas)
- 1/2pound wax beans
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- 2tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the peas and beans and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peas, beans, salt, pepper, and lemon juice and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add the mint, and toss well.