Mini Gingerbread Cupcakes
Makes 36 cupcakes| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 14.5-ounce box gingerbread or spice cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 1 8-ounce bar cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced candied ginger
- Heat oven to 350° F. Coat 36 mini muffin tins with the cooking spray.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Frost the cooled cupcakes with the frosting and top with the ginger.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories 97
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 102mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Sugar 11g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 19mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To make ahead: The cupcakes can be baked up to 1 day in advance (keep tightly covered at room temperature) or 2 months in advance and frozen. The frosting can be made up to 2 days in advance; refrigerate covered, then bring back to room temperature before frosting.