Serves 12| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded
- 3 14-ounce cans low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup small dried pasta or spaghetti broken into 1-inch pieces
- Warm the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, water, beans, cabbage, pasta, potatoes, thyme, and salt. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and broccoli and cook 5 to 10 minutes more or until all the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 230
- Calcium 155mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Cholesterol 2mg
- Fat 5g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 4mg
- Protein 11mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 1137mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .