Serves 4| Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 (14-ounce) cans low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white cannellini beans (drained)
- 1/2 small head cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup small dried pasta or spaghetti broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- freshly grated Parmesan
- Warm the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, water, potatoes, beans, cabbage, pasta, thyme, and salt. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and broccoli and cook 5 to 10 minutes more or until all the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 553
- Calcium 294mg
- Carbohydrate 93g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 10g
- Fiber 16g
- Iron 8mg
- Protein 27mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 730mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .