Serves 2| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 300º F. Stack the tortillas, wrap them in foil, and put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the beans to a simmer (or cook them in the microwave until hot, about 3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, bring the enchilada sauce to a simmer. With a spoon, create a well for each egg. Crack an egg and nestle it in the sauce; repeat.
- Cover the pan and cook, 5 minutes for soft yolks, 7 minutes for firmer ones.
- Place 2 tortillas on each plate. Spread them with a generous layer of beans.
- With a spoon, gently place the eggs on top of the beans. Ladle on more enchilada sauce and add the toppings (if desired).
- Per Serving
- Calories 512
- Calcium 153mg
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Cholesterol 378mg
- Fat 28g
- Fiber 10g
- Iron 4mg
- Protein 20mg
- Sat Fat 13g
- Sodium 558mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For neat, unbroken yolks, crack each egg into a small bowl and then slide it into a well in the sauce.