Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, preferably ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper, cumin, and onion mixture. Shape into 12 meatballs.
- Wipe out skillet, add the remaining oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides, about 7 minutes total. If not using an ovenproof skillet, transfer the meatballs to a baking dish.
- Pour the salsa over the top. Bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 471Calories From Fat 63%
- Fat 33g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 141mg
- Sodium 1,709mg
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 2g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .