- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1pound ground pork
- 1/2cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, preferably ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper, cumin, and onion mixture. Shape into 12 meatballs.
- Wipe out skillet, add the remaining oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs on all sides, about 7 minutes total. If not using an ovenproof skillet, transfer the meatballs to a baking dish.
- Pour the salsa over the top. Bake until cooked through, about 25 minutes.