Mexican Meatball Soup
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat broiler. In a bowl, combine the beef, scallions, tortilla chips, chopped cilantro, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls (about 24) and place on a broilerproof baking sheet. Broil until beginning to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the salsa with 1 cup water. Transfer to a large saucepan, add 2 cups water, and bring to a boil.
- Add the meatballs, reduce heat, and simmer until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve the soup with the avocado, cilantro sprigs, and tortilla chips (if desired).
- Per Serving
- Calories 339
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 4.5g
- Cholesterol 69mg
- Sodium 877mg
- Protein 24g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 31mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .