Mesclun Salad With Chickpeas and Dried Cherries
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 6 ounces mesclun (6 cups)
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Balsamic-Dijon Vinaigrette
- or bottled balsamic vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, toss the mesclun, carrots, chickpeas, cherries, and dill with the vinaigrette.
- Per Serving
- Calories 236
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 326mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Sugar 14g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 46mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you plan on storing mesclun for several days, pick through it and toss any rotting greens. One bad leaf can speed up the deterioration of the entire bag.